Frequently Asked Questions
No. Accu-Chek Performa blood glucose meters are designed exclusively for use with Accu-Chek Performa test strips.
There are three types of averages: general, pre-meal and post-meal. To view results and averages, press and release left and right arrows to view stored results. The most recent test result appears on the display.
- Press the left arrow to view previous test results from newest to oldest.
- Press the right arrow to view 7-, 14-, 30- and 90-day general averages
- Continue to press the right arrow to view 7-, 14-, 30- and 90-day pre-meal and post-meal averages
No, check the use by date on the test strip container. Do not use test strips past the use by date.
To mark a test result or set a post-meal reminder:
- Perform a test. The result appears on the display.
- Leave the test strip in the meter. Press and release or to toggle through test result markers and the post-meal reminder:
- Pre -meal marker
- Pre-meal marker with post-meal reminder
- Post-meal marker
- General marker
- When the marker or test reminder you wish to select appears on the display, remove the test strip from the meter.
Performing a control test lets the user know the meter and test strips are working properly. Perform a control test when:
- You open a new test strip box
- You left the test strip container open
- You think the test strips are damaged
- You want to check the meter and test strips
- The test strips were stored in extreme temperatures, humidity, or both
- You dropped the meter
- Your test result does not match how you feel
- You want to check if you are performing the test correctly
Yes. If the post-meal reminder marker is selected, the meter will beep 2 hours after the pre-meal test to remind you to perform a post-meal test. You can change the pre-meal test reminder to 1 hour after the pre-meal test.
The Accu-Chek Performa blood glucose meter automatically recognizes Accu-Chek Performa Control Solutions, so running a control test is easier than ever. First, wipe the tip of the control bottle. Then put the meter on a flat surface, insert the strip, and squeeze a drop of the control solution onto the front edge of the test strip. A result appears with a flashing “L”. Press one of the arrow keys once to indicate a Level 1 control test or twice to indicate Level 2. Press the ON/OFF button to set the level in the meter. The control result and “OK” alternate in the display if the result is in range.
You can set up to 4 test reminders per day. At the set reminder time, the meter will beep every 2 minutes, up to 3 times per reminder. The meter will not beep if the meter is on at the reminder time, or if a test has been run within 30 minutes of the reminder time.
In the same way that fresh blood should always be used for testing, fresh control solution should be used to prevent a contaminated control drop. Control solution should always be wiped from the tip of the bottle so that only what is in the bottle itself is used for the test.
Yes. Simply go into setup mode and turn the beeper off.
Control test values will not be in the user-accessible memory. However, they will be stored in the downloadable memory.
The meter is compatible with all Accu-Chek data management tools, including the Accu-Chek 360o diabetes management system.
See Health and Safety Information
See Health and Safety Information
- Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep away from children under the age of 3 years.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues, and death. Severe burns may occur within 2 hours of swallowing. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical attention immediately.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.